Bookkeeper Certification Exam
Assure Clients of Your Bookkeeping Knowledge and Skill
NACPB’s Uniform Bookkeeper Certification Examination (Exam) is the examination administered to bookkeepers who want to obtain Bookkeeper Certification .
The Exam is developed and maintained by NACPB and administered by Accounting Training and Testing Center (ATTC).
Bookkeepers who pass the Exam may communicate to clients they possess Bookkeeper Certification and distinguish themselves and build credibility by having authorized use of the Bookkeeper Certification certificate and logo.
The Exam is used to test the candidate’s bookkeeping competency. The Exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions and simulations. To pass the Exam, you must receive a minimum of 75% (37 out of 50 questions).
The Exam tests the following:
- Accounting: The Language of Business
- Analyzing Business Transactions
- Analyzing Business Transactions Using T Accounts
- The General Journal and the General Ledger
- Adjustments and the Worksheet
- Closing Entries and the Postclosing Trial Balance
- Accounting for Sales and Accounts Receivable, and Cash Receipts
- Accounting for Purchases, Accounts Payable, and Cash Payments
- Payroll Computations, Records, and Payment
- Payroll Taxes, Deposits, and Reports
- Accruals, Deferrals, and the Worksheet
- Financial Statements and Closing Procedures
Time to Take and Pass the Exam
You have one year from the date of purchase to take and pass the Exam. If you don t pass the Exam, you can re-take the Exam by purchasing a re-take Exam.
Schedule to Take the Exam
The Exam is taken in ATTC s Online Testing Center. You can take the Exam at anytime and from anyplace with an Internet connected computer.
When you are ready to take the Exam, go to ATTC s Schedule a Test webpage and schedule the date and time you want to take the Exam. Access to the Exam will be emailed to you the business day proceeding your scheduled date and time.
Taking the Exam
The Exam is open-book and you have two hours to complete the exam.
Member $100 (Order through our Members Only Internet portal)
- Practice Exam
- Uniform Bookkeeper Certification Examination
- NACPB Bookkeeper Certification Certificate (Upon Passing Exam)
- NACPB Bookkeeper Certification Logo (Upon Passing Exam)
Member $50 (Order through our Members Only Internet portal)
To order, click the Order button below.
Submit our Online Form, email, or call us to learn how NACPB helps you provide public bookkeeping services more efficiently and effectively.